Super Pocketship [GBJAM 9]
Our hero is walking to his workplace when all of a sudden, aliens start invading the city. He quickly grabs the shrinkable rocket ship he has in his pocket and ascends into the sky to save the world!
What if CAVE or Toaplan made a bullet-hell for the original Game Boy back in the 90s? With a resolution of 160x144, 4 colours and the spirit of my youth playing the portable brick, here's a short 1-level shoot-em-up I developed for GBJAM 9. It finished 12th out of 134 entries!
Tips and Tricks
- The hitbox of the pocketship is smaller than its sprite. Take some time to get used to it!
- The laser is more powerful but it's overheating quickly if you use it too much. Pay attention to the bottom right corner for the overheating meter.
- While using the laser, you move slower. It can be useful when you're surrounded with bullets and you need to move more precisely.
- When you beat the game, it unlocks a more challenging mode. Select it on the title screen!
- Level music by Nourished by Music
- Ending music by Shane Ivers
- Early Game Boy font by Jimmy Campbell
- Pixelated font by Skylar Park
- Mobile controls UI by Potomax
- Godot logo by Herrwoland
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Post-GBJAM 9 update 1Oct 04, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.