This is a small and a fun game! Great for passing time, though I get stressed fast and die pretty quickly (￣▽￣*)ゞ
Midnight Melody [Adaptive Music Jam]
A downloadable game for Windows
Welcome to Midnight Melody, an arcade maze game inspired by Pac-Man and Solar Fox! Sitting under the moonlight with your headphones, you're trying to get away from all the stress by listening to music!
The game has infinite levels. It's a high score arcade game. Musical notes, blue shields and mines are randomly selected out of a set of levels.
Feel free to share your high score!
- Arrows or ASDW for movement
- Press [Z] or [J] for slowdown
- Hold [X] or [K] to go faster
- Press [C] or [L] to stop your momentum
[Z] or [J] to skip the title screen / splash screen and the game over screen
- I struggled with syncing the music with the gameplay in Godot. The Windows build is pretty stable but I couldn't do a stable HTML5 build. I'll push a new version after the jam alongside features I didn't have time to implement!
- macOS gives me an error when opening the zip, I'm trying to check why!
- I started working on that on October 10, despite the #AdaptiveMusicJam being over, I will continue everyday for the rest of October to improve and submit to #Devtober
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey thanks for playing!
Sorry for the late reply, I missed it somehow.
Yeah, it could be quite overwhelming especially near the end ! I'm glad you liked it
I'd love to revisit this small game and make it bigger with more levels :)
Fun time! Simple game with a lot of replayability! I enjoyed how the music tied with the gameplay. Being able to speed up, slow down or stop immediately was a nice touch that added some depth.
My only feedback is that the input when turning drops sometimes.
Great job on this! My high score was 312,350, max combo 116, level 10.
Hey, thank you for playing and making a YouTube video out of it ! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I understood what I did wrong for the inputs, so I will fix that when the Game Jam is over. It will be more fluid. I'm also planning on adding an online leaderboard, so feel free to play again in the near future to get your name on the board :)
300k is a really great score and yes, it gets pretty hectic after level 10 !!